Effective date: 7/17/18
Notice of Privacy Practices for Facebook Ads
Srinivasan Language and Cognitive Development Lab
Gopnik Cognitive Development Lab
Xu Berkeley Early Learning Lab
Information the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs Collect
We obtain the name and phone number you authorize Facebook to share with UC Berkeley.
If you signed up via our Qualtrics link, we will only obtain the information that you shared on the survey, and Facebook will not obtain any of that information.
How the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs Use Your Information
We will use your data only for the purpose of recruiting you to participate in research, in particular to notify you of surveys or research studies taking place at UC Berkeley.
Information the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs Share with Third Parties
How the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs Protect Your Personal Information
- Protecting the transmission of your information over the Internet, through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol;
- Storing information we collect on computer systems located in controlled facilities with limited access;
- Using a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosures;
- Limiting data access to only authorized personnel with a need to perform a specific job; and
- Training all UC Berkeley Developmental Lab employees on our security and privacy
We endeavor to protect the privacy of the personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information. We will notify you of any security incidents that compromise the security, confidentiality or integrity of your personal information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Knowing Your Choices
You may choose not to complete the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs’ surveys or to participate in our studies.
By providing personal information to the UC Berkeley Developmental Labs, you are choosing to be contacted regarding additional activities and services, but not committing to participate in any study. Notifications about additional programs and services will provide the opportunity to “opt-out” of future notifications.
If you do not wish to receive information or other notices from us in the future, you can “opt-out” by contacting us at the e-mail address or the phone number indicated at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of 7/17/18.